It is not easy to write a sympathy message to a friend that just lost someone close to their heart. Apart from feeling the pains they are going through, you’ll also lack words that can express your compassion and understanding of the situation. Not to make things awkward, here are some sympathy messages you can send a friend who is going through hard times.
Recommended: Get Well Soon Messages For Her, Friend, Boyfriend, Love Ones.
Maybe you’re looking for a heartfelt sympathy message to a friend to express how you care and will stay beside them in periods of grief. We have come up with some of the best sympathizing messages and quotes for your friend. You’ll hardly find better messages to comfort them in their trying times than the ones in this article.
Sympathy Message for His or Her Loss.
- Accept my heartfelt sympathy. I’m very sorry for your loss.
- Accept my positive thoughts and many prayers.
- I want you to know that I always have you at heart. Feel free to call me if you need anything.
- I can hardly find suiting words that can describe how bad this is. I will always put you in my prayers.
- Extending to you every good vibe I can.
- You can count on me for grocery deliveries, kid pickups, babysitting, dinner preparation, or anything you wish.
- No one can grieve the wrong way. The best way to do it is your way, even though I don’t like the fact that you’re doing it.
- I’m always available whenever you wish to see me.
- Lean on me; I want to be the shoulder you cry on.
- I pray that you have every peace and comfort ever.
- I give you the warmest thoughts on these cold, lonesome nights.
- Anytime you are ready, I’m always around you.
- Every day I wake up I wish for your comfort and that will find rejoice again. You are forever loved.
- I want you to know that whatever you are feeling at the moment, be it sorrowful, numb, guilty, weak, or angry, is normal. There’s no proper way of feeling. I cherish you and am not happy this is happening to you.
- I wish to always be there for you, but I’m confused about how to do that. Please don’t forget you’re forever in my thoughts and prayers, and in case you need me to do anything, I’m just a call away.
- I always rise up at the break of dawn to attend to my run; if you happen to be filled with grief and wish to say something any of the mornings, you can always trust me, even when the sun has not yet shown up. Everyone knows that sorrow waits for no business hours.
- It’s not new to you I’m usually awake even past midnight. So, do not fail to beckon on me should you need someone to talk to, even if it’s very late. If you don’t wish to talk and just wish to get another person on the other end of the line, I’m also alright with that too.
- When I heard the news, I was so dumbfounded. I want you to take heart, and know that whatever happens, you will get back stronger.
- At this sorrowful time of yours, I want you to know that you are forever in my heart. Please take heart dear, all will be well.
- I understand how painful it is at the moment and the grief you are growing through; but I wish to remind you that whatever happens, always know that it will definitely be over sooner than you think.
Condolence Messages to A Friend.
- We are deeply sorry for your loss.
- We wish to sympathize with you over your loss.
- It’s indeed saddening to hear about your loss. We extend our heartfelt commiseration.
- What a loss this is! She will really be missed by all her loved ones.
- I wish love will surround you at this time in your life. Accept my deepest condolences.
- I share in your grief as you remember James
- He was indeed dear to all of us. We will truly miss him
- I send my healing prayers and comforting embrace to you. Accept my sympathy.
- I extend my heart-felt sympathy as you remember Juliet.
- I join in your grief as you mourn the loss of your loved one.
- I don’t know what to say at this time to comfort you, I really share in your grief. I’m so sorry for your loss.
- It doesn’t matter what has happened, I want to assure you that all is not lost.
- I was indeed overwhelmed with grief when I heard that your father has passed on. Please be strong and call me whenever you need anything.
- I share in your remembrance of your lovely mom and I wish you great comfort.
- It was indeed an honour working with your father for over 15 years. I will deeply miss him.
- You are all in my thought as you celebrate the remarkable life of your sibling.
- I want you to know that you are not alone in missing John. Accept our heartfelt condolences.
- You are in our thought and we wish you moments of peace and comfort as you remember a close friend.
- On behalf of my family, we extend your family our deep condolence and we want you to know that we have your family in our thoughts and prayers.
- Despite the joy in the homegoing, there is sadness in your loss. I wish to let you know that you’re firmly in my thoughts at this moment.
Christian Condolence Messages To A Friend.
♦. On behalf of the family, we pray God gives you all the comfort at this time and the fortitude to bear your irreparable loss moving forward. Japheth was a lover of God and we believe that his prayers will keep on surrounding you now and forever. 1st 4:1 “Do not sorrow like others that have no hope.”
♦. I’m truly heartbroken and grieved, but I believe Jacob has deserved his crown. I can see her adoring God humbly at His feet. I will never forget her warm friendship.
♦. To the family of Bridget, with every new day, we pray that your hearts will find peace. We pray that as you walk embark through this sad journey of your loss, you will know that the Lord is always with you and he will give you comfort. God will shower his love and blessings on you all.
♦. May the Lord comfort you with lovely memories and grant you his unerring peace.
♦. Martha was a lovely soul, filled with love and faith. I believe she has been accepted in the bosom of the almighty, away from us, leaving this sad and lonesome world. No words can express what I feel right now. I extend my deepest condolences to the whole family. May her soul find rest in heaven.
♦. We wish you peace and comfort at this moment. God bless your family.
♦. On behalf of the brethren in the body of Christ, we wish you newfound peace and love as you bear the loss of your loved one and we pray that God will give you the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
♦. We believe God’s strength and comfort will come upon you and your family going forward. Lots of love and prayers from all of us here.
♦. Please accept our deepest sympathy for the loss of your loved one. We pray that God will be with you as you overcome this grievous moment.
♦. We are deeply sorry to hear of Luke’s passing. He was a very special worshipper of God that has a great influence on our family. We will definitely miss him but we’ll be comforted in the knowledge that he is surely in the bosom of God and we’ll see him again when we’ll meet to part no more.
♦. He was a fearless man of God in life and even in death. Our family extend love to yours as we share in your grief.
♦. You and Lancelot have left a great impact in our life with your dear love and passion for God and winning souls. We thank God for his lifetime and witness.
♦. I’m extending my heartfelt condolence. I pray that God gives you comfort as nobody can. I pray that He will give you the strength to live your life like Janeth would wish you to live.
♦. I can hardly find words to describe my heartfelt commiseration for you, my dear. I keep asking God to comfort you in this moment of pain and grief. I also pray that God keeps his Angels of Mercy around you and grants you absolute peace while you walk through your next journey.
♦. I’m sending my sympathizing messages to you and your family. I pray you trust the heavens with a smile on your face with the knowledge that you have an Angel, who is beside you and watch over you.
♦. I thank God for giving her to you for as long as he did. Don’t worry, you’ll get to see her again when the time comes. Accept my deepest condolences.
♦. Courageous and Fearless; We all know he has gone to meet with his Lord and Savior.
♦. It’s quite sorrowful to hear that Ruth has passed on, but it’s also encouraging that the suffering is over and she’s now rejoicing with the host of angels in heaven where we’ll all meet again to part no more. God bless you and give you the fortitude to bear the loss.
♦. He preached Christ as his Lord and Savior, and acknowledge Jesus to be the Son of God, living in the flesh, revealing to us the way of life as humans and giving us Salvation through His ultimate sacrifice on the cross.
♦. Seeing that we’ll all pass on one day, as we are only but passersby in this world. We hope and pray that we continue to live the life that befits Christ. Accept our heartfelt commiseration for your loss.
Sympathy Quotes to A Friend.
- “We all know that the world is rife with suffering and pain; but so is it full of the victory over it.” – Helen Keller
- “Sorrow is the reward we get for loving someone.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “Death can be seen as nothing more than returning home to the Creator, the bond of love will stay unbroken forever.” – Mother Theresa
- “All I wanted was an unerring ending. Now I’ve learnt the hard way that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have an understandable beginning, middle, and conclusion. Life is about ignorance, having to change, ceasing the moment and making maximum use of it, without the knowledge of what will take place next. Sweet ambiguity.” – Gilda Radner
- “Nothing is more sorrowful than to remember happiness in miserable times.” – Dante Alighieri
- “End? No, here’s not the end to this journey. Death is a whole new path, one that everyone must take. The gray rain-curtain of this world backtracks, and everything becomes silver glass, and then you see it.” – R.R. Tolkien
- “Death? You can be proud all you want: bore me later, because Love reigns supreme here. No end to life. The morning comes with joy. Glory hallelujah. And so, shall it be.” – Anne Lamott
- “It’s not how long one lives, but how deep is his/her life.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “When sorrow comes your way, grief, as it will not be like what we expected.” – Joan Didion
- “At the time we are learning the world, we know things we find hard to tell how we know. At the time we are relearning the world after a loss, we remember things that have long being forgotten, ancient things, under the seat of reason.” – Meghan O’Rourke
- “The Loved are unable to die/Because Love is Immortality.” – Emily Dickinson, Poem 809
- “You’ll find love in keeping and you’ll find love when you let go.” – Elizabeth Berg
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you may be, we will always have you in our thoughts.” – Gandhi Mahatma
Condolence Prayers & Bible Quotes for A Dear Friend.
- The Lord thy God is with thee, and he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in thee, he will quiet thee with his love, he will rejoice over thee with singing. — Zephaniah 3:17
- Come to me, all ye who are weary and burdened, and I will give thee rest. — Matthew 11:28-30
- Record mine lament; list mine tears on your scroll — are they not in thine record? — Psalm 56:8
- My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will never be moved. — Psalm 62:1-2
- Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will come back with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him. — Psalm 126:5-6
- Therefore, thou shall not be afraid, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. — Isaiah 41:10
- But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. — Job 23:10
- The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace. — Psalm 29:11
- Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. — Psalm 55:22
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. — Isaiah 43:2-3a
- I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. — Isaiah 45:3
- Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. — Jeremiah 33:3
- Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for him. — Lamentations 3: 21-24
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. — 2 Corinthians 1: 3-5
- Naomi had such a great bond with her mother. She loved her mama and she cherished her also. Naomi’s fun-loving nature and lovely little girl’s face will be so very missed! I pray the God of hope fills you with every joy and peace as you trust in Him. Romans 15:13
Short Condolence & Sympathy Messages To A Friend
- A lovely flower has blossomed in God’s kingdom.
- My deepest condolences to you and your family.
- Accept our heartfelt sympathy.
- You and your family will remain in my prayers.
- Out of our sight, but never out of our hearts.
- I’m so sorry for your loss.
- With love and remembrance
- I won’t forget you at this sorrowful moment.
- Condolences to you on the sad passing of Jasper
- May she rest in eternal peace.
- Sleep well MaMa, see you again one day.
- May her soul rest in Heaven.
- Rest in Heavenly Peace
- I pray for GOD’S peace.
- Take your rest.
- Rest in Heavens’s Glory.
- Rest in Paradise.
- Descansa en paz (Spanish)
- I pray you find rest in the bosom of Abraham.
- Requiescat in Pace (Latin)
- Words cannot describe our grief.
- May your heart and soul find peace and comfort.
- Forever remembered, forever missed
- Heartfelt thoughts reach out to you at this grievous moment.
- You are in my thought at this hard time.
- A thought of comfort and condolences to the bereaved family.
- A life well-spent. May God’s love and comfort be with you.
- Mark, you transcended like an angel.
- Our teacher and mentor, our source of Inspiration. May They Rest in Peace
- Peter really fought hard and ended the course with faith.
- You remain in my heart in your sorrowful moment.
- Our hearts are breaking for you; we hate what you’re passing through right now.
- I sympathize with you for your loss. Please feel free to call if I can help with anything.
- Thinking of you and hoping sunshine will come your way soon.
- I’m just a phone call or a text away. Please don’t fail to beckon on me.
- The sky is so gray for you at the moment; I hope the clouds part soon.
- Life has given you lemons. I promise to give you vodka. Let’s get drinks soon.
- Roses are red; it’s quite a pity you’re blue!
- I’m so sorry you’re going through this.
- Wishing you peace and strength in this challenging time
Sympathy Card Messages to A Friend.
- Our hearts break for your sake
- With sympathy and well wishes
- Wishing you comfort during this challenging moment
- With sympathy and love
- In memoriam
- With all our love
- We are deeply sorry for your loss
- You are always in our prayers and thoughts
- We’ll never forget
- In celebration of a blissful life
There is a saying that “a friend in need is a friend indeed”. It means a friend is a person who shows up in your trying times to stand by you. If you truly call someone your friend, you must always make your presence felt in his most trying times to comfort him either through your physical presence or any of our sympathy messages to a friend.